There was an error in this gadget

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Free For All - Meet Author Karen M. Nutt !

Spring is here! And what does that mean? Love is in the air.
My guest today, KAREN MICHELLE NUT, is here to talk about just that.
Plus, she's brought a gorgeous hunky cover and a blurb for her novel, LUCCA: WARRIORS FOR THE LIGHT.

You can learn more about Karen and her writing at http://www.kmnbooks.com
Then come on back to learn a little more about love, AND get the recipe for Passion Lotion!



Love is in the Air

Love brings joy into our lives. It gives us a sense of physical and emotional well-being. Our stress can be erased with words, a kiss or a gentle caress from the one we love. Love also involves our other senses as well, scent being one of them. Scents can conjure up memories and bring us back to a time where we were the happiest. Scents can change our moods from work to play. Smell is connected to our limbic system, making an instant emotional response from our body.
In my Fallen Angels Series, scent plays an important role with the Nephilim finding their soul mates. The signature scents for Lucca’s mate are mint and rosemary. Rosemary is the herb known for remembrance and mint is for healing, both of which Lucca needs to move forward in his life.
What do certain scents mean to you? I’d love to hear from you.

To bring a little magic to your love life here’s an aromatherapy recipe to try.

Passion Lotion: To bring in moods of passionate love, combine 2 drops of Bergamot with 1 drop of Black Pepper, 1 drop of Patchouli, 2 drops of Sandalwood and 1 tablespoon of Sweet Almond oil.

If you would like to know more about my Fallen Angel Series, please stop by my Website: http://www.kmnbooks.com

I’ll leave you with a Blurb for Lucca: Warriors for the Light
(Fallen Angels Series, Book 2) 

Lucca Marlowe is half human, half angel, one of the Nephilim who abhors humans. Banished for crimes against one of his fellow brethren, the elders bind his glamour and wings, casting him to the human’s realm. He’ll either learn to respect his human side of existence or live out eternity trying.

Lucca does not live a mundane life. Angels and demons demand he do their bidding. His estrange father resurfaces after centuries of being absent and he’s brought a friend from Hell.

To make his life more complicated, he fears he found his soul mate in a human female. Only Juliet Romeo has a secret that will bring the wrath of Heaven down upon their heads.
It’s a race against time to find out who will end up with his soul.

Books available in Print and e-book formats at Amazon,
Barnes and Noble and other online book stores.
Eli: Warriors for the Light (Fallen Angels series, Book 1)
Lucca: Warrior for the Light (Fallen Angels series, Book 2)


Thank you so much for having me here today, Jennifer.

Author Bio:

Karen Michelle Nutt is the author of paranormal romances, writing for Tease Publishing LLC, The Wild Rose Press, Highland Press, Victory Tales Press and RJV Publishing.

Time Travels have been her passion. She's always been intrigued with the possibility of being able to reach back in time and change the past. Common sense says influencing the past isn’t impossible, but she can’t help but wonder: What if she can?

Fallen Angels, vampires and shape shifters embrace her darker side where their worlds intertwine with ours.

She shares her life with a wonderful man, three lovely children and house full of pets. In her spare time, she reviews for Paranormal Reviews, a great place to find paranormal books and other genres. Her new passion is the wonders of Photoshop. Her header for her website and blog were her first projects. She's since created book covers for Victory Tales Press and Western Trail Blazers.
***
THANKS, KAREN! :)

17 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me here today! I'm glad Blogger decided to behave. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Eli: Warriors of the Light and I loved it. I can recommend this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very kewl post, Karen. I love herbs so you hooked me. Super cover and book bites too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are my guest! And really glad Blogger decided to cooperate. HA
    Love your potion too.
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Patchouli! And the smell of Peonies. Don't think those two scents would blend well, but individually, they're two of my favs!

    Your book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nightingale.

    Thanks so much! I'm thrilled to know you enjoyed Eli's tale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth,

    I always enjoy your posts about herbs. :)

    Lucca does catch your attention, doesn't he? lol I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer,

    I love the potions, too. They're a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lilly,

    I know isn't strange how scents you wouldn't think would go together actually compliment each other.

    Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen,

    I love this series. I just finished Lucca. I wasn't sure how I was going to like him, but I tell you, he's now my favorite.

    When's the next one coming out? Who is this one going to be about? Gideon? What about Blaize? He caught my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy,

    Thanks so much. I'm glad you're enjoying the series.

    Gideon's story is next. As for Blaize, he may have a story of his own, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen!

    Your cover is fantastic and this is a book I want to read - soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen-

    I can't wait to read this one!

    What do certain scents mean to me? Well, when my youngest was a newborn, he was very, very ill. One of the things we needed to do was remove all scent from the house which meant no cologne or perfume, unscented deodorant, laundry detergent, etc. As a result, I'm very aware of and sensitive to scent. And let me tell you, my husband's scent is fantastic!

    Some of you are thinking I'm crazy right? I know a lot of people think the only scent people have is from perfume or soaps, but that's not true. Hubs smells great. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, sounds like a good book with an interesting premise. Smells have such power over our emotions, even when we aren't of a paranormal race! While lots of people like lavender, it is slightly repellent to me. I wonder what that means?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mel!!

    Thanks so much for popping in for a visit! Time-- I never seem to have enough of it either. If you find the chance, I hope you enjoy Lucca as much as I enjoyed writing his tale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah,

    Oh so stressful with a young one being so ill. I'm assuming he's well now and scents aren't a problem?

    I don't think you're crazy at all. I know exactly what you mean with a person having a scent. Not everyone is sensitive to that. My eldest daughter would always tell me how her dates went and she would start off with how the guy smelled. lol I totally got it, but my husband would look at us like we were crazy. lol

    My daughter and I both have allergies and some scents can drive us crazy. Perhaps this has heightened our ability to pick up signature scents of people as well. Who knows. :)

    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paperback Diva,

    There are definitely scents that turn me off too. It's almost like I want to choke and ward it away. lol
    So I know what you mean.

    So you don't like lavender... hmmm... Since a scent can conjure up a good memory, maybe lavender conjures up a memory you'd sooner forget. Just a thought. Or it could be lavender just plain stinks to you. lol

    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete