Thursday, February 9, 2012

Friday Fun - Meet Author Rachel Brimble!


Please help me welcome my friend and fellow Wild Rose Press author, RACHEL BRIMBLE! She's brought her recent release, THE ARRIVAL OF LILY CURTIS, a wonderful Regency Romance:)
You can find out more about Rachel and all her works at her  Website 
 But make sure to come on back and visit with us:)

Thanks for being here today, Rachel! You have to promise to come back and bring your next release.



1 - What is the most difficult for you to write: Characters, conflict, emotions?

Conflict definitely! I am having an absolute nightmare with the book I am revising at the moment. My agent is expecting it March 1st and I am in a major panic. I thought I had everything it needed but on a third read through I realized about half way through, the hero and heroine both want the same thing. They could easily work together. Panic!!
 I have this same problem with every story I write – lack of reason for my hero and heroine not to be together. Arghh!!

2 - What music are you listening to lately?

My absolute favorite band to listen to right now is Lady Antebellum. Gorgeous sound, beautiful lyrics and amazing voices. What more could a girl ask for? Love ‘em! J

3 -  If you were going to cast the hero of your book, what actor would get the part?

I always use a visual for my hero and heroine when writing, if only so I have a permanent record of their hero color etc. For the historical novella I submitted for consideration a few weeks ago, my hero was Dan Stevens (who plays Matthew Crawley in the fabulous Downton Abbey).
Here is the pic I used – perfect Victorian hero, I feel!

4 -  How likely are people you meet to end up in your next book?

Very unlikely – my imagination just not work that way. I very rarely meet someone or hear their story and think I have to write something about them or that. My inspiration often comes from articles I read in the newspaper, or an interesting real life fact from history…or most popular of all, the theme of an episode in a TV drama.
 The amount of stories kicked off by Grey’s Anatomy, Poirot, Eastenders or Rizzoli and Isles, you wouldn’t believe. Lol!

5 - Tell us a little about your WIP.

I am currently working on book 2 of what I hope will be a romantic suspense series. My agent is busy with book 1 and several houses have it under consideration and know it will be part of a three-part series. It is set in the fictional seaside town of Templeton Cove in South West England.
 It’s all very exciting as I haven’t released a romantic suspense in three years but these books came to me out of nowhere, begging to be written. I have everything crossed for their success!

6 - What is your favorite time of year?

I am my happiest in the sun BUT I also love the first taste of Autumn when I can go back to warm boots and a wool coat. Love that feeling! Summer is what I love though. I have a cabin at the bottom of my garden where I write with my Black Lab laying at the open door or I take my laptop onto the decking and feel the sun on my back.
 Bliss!! J

Rachel’s latest historical romance is The Arrival Of Lily Curtis, available now from The Wild Rose Press. Here’s the blurb:

At the mention of an arranged marriage, Elizabeth Caughley feels her life is over at the age of three and twenty….so she hatches an escape plan.  She will reinvent herself as a housemaid.  Overnight, Elizabeth becomes Lily…

Viscount Westrop wants nothing more than his legacy to be passed to his own son one day.  Even though he feels insurmountable pity for the unborn child already, he knows how much pain a broken promise can cause and will do what is right.  But with the arrival of his new housemaid, his plans are thrown into disarray.  Lily is funny, feisty and the most beautiful creature on earth – Andrew is thunderstruck.  But if anyone suspects how much he wants to ravish her and endlessly love her, Andrew’s lineage will be in peril.  And he cannot let that happen…

Buy Link:


Links:




14 comments:

  1. I want a cabin at the bottom of the garden! And a lend of your doggy, Ms Brimble.

    Smashing interview, and I'm liking the look of your hero - very nice!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel and Jennifer,
    Rachel-were we twins, separated at birth? LOL. I love Lady Antebellum and I also struggle with putting conflict in books. I just want everyone to get along. Congrats on your success and best wishes for lots more of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to two of my fav ladies!!! (waves madly) Lovely interview, Rachel. Your bookcover is very eye-catching, too. Love it. Wishing you great sales and that you meet your agent's deadline. I know all too well how that feels. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel-Great interview! You book sounds terrific and that actor you visualize is HOT! Hope you book sells like hotcakes! Good luck! Dina Rae, author

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent blurb for your book. And the cover is stunning! Good luck with your romantic suspense series, I always admire anyone who can figure out a romantic thread and a suspense story in the same book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, I'm also working on revisions that are giving me fits that are due by early March so you have my sympathies. :o) I'm still jealous of your cabin at the bottom of your garden. Hope you have great success with your romantic suspense series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for being here today, Rachel:) And thanks to all the ladies for stopping by to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey again, Rachel...(waves) So lovely to see you on this side of the big water. The book sounds delish and so is Dan Stevens. I must say that cabin in your garden sounds like the perfect get away to write. Wish I had a place like that.
    Good seeing you again!
    Lori Leger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Rachel! So good to see you. I like the sound of that cabin. I might have to get me one of those.

    The book sounds like a great regency read. TBR pile, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel, great to meet you here. Your blurb sounds delightful and your cover is yummy. Best of the luck wtih the release.

    Great post, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to meet you! All the best with your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel, if you get tired of the writing life, you could always rent out your cabin as a writer's retreat. Sounds like you'd have a lot of takers! Best of luck with Lily Curtis, and thanks for sharing the pic of Dan "hunky man" Stevens. Not sure whether I prefer his hair dark like in the pic or blond like in Downton. He's yummy either way. S

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sooo sorry for being away! i sent out an email to my loops yesterday reminding everyone to visit me and then promptly forgot about it, duh!!

    I'm here now so thank you for all the fabulous comments about the cover, I was so happy when it dropped into my inbox! My writing cabin is one of my 'favorite things' and wish I could use it all year round.

    I loved writing Lily but the historical novel my agent is expecting in a couple of weeks is driving me insane! As for the novella with the lovely hero inspired by Dan Stevens? The Wild Rose Press offered me a contract this week, yay! Watch this space for this upcoming novella.

    Thank you all so much for dropping by! See you soon,

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My English Rose hello! Peeps, The Arrival of Lily Curtis is a great book. :)

    Congratulations on the new contract.

    Marika

    ReplyDelete